Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What are we exactly looking for in worship?

“..I began to realize that singing about God was somehow not enough,” Horness says, “I wanted to know him. I wanted to interact with him. I wanted to experience the things I was singing about and find them to be true”. (104) Firstly, it deeply humbles me to know that God is listening when we sing praises to Him and I have no problem singing about God. There are hymns in which the text writers pour out their hearts to God and true interactions can be seen; the relationship is real. What stood out from this section of our reading is, “Hymn lyrics, while full of rich poetry and deep theology, focused wonderfully on who God is but often failed to give worshippers an opportunity to express to God how they felt about those things.”(105). What are we exactly looking for in worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment