Wednesday, January 4, 2012

MUSIC Makes Right

Psalm 101:3 I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me. Although it doesn’t say anything about music I think that the lesson applies. Music is such a powerful media. Elijah pointed out yesterday in his post the power music wields. John Calvin wrote, “It is true that every evil word (as Saint Paul says) corrupts good morals, but when melody is with it, this stabs the heart much more strongly and enters within” (pg. 67). John Calvin understood the power of music. Do I?

Disclaimer: Any connection between this post and that of Elijah K. was only noticed after this one's conclusion and was completely coincidental apart from the fact we were given the same assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment