Monday, January 9, 2012

The Forgotten God

This article definitely made me think. Although I do not agree with everything, what was impressed upon me was that in my worship experiences there is a forgotten God. My worship has been Binary when it should have been Trinary. The quote from A. W. Tozer really drove this issue home for me. He writes, “A doctrine has practical value only as far as it is prominent in our thoughts and makes a difference in our lives." By this test the doctrine of the Holy Spirit as held by evangelical Christians today has almost no practical value at all. In most Christian churches the Spirit is quite entirely overlooked.” (pg. 145) Guilty as charged. If that is the test then I have failed. I cannot deny that in the Charismatic Worship the Holy Spirit is not forgotten. The Holy Spirit cannot be forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. Stephen, I completely relate to what you wrote. It wasn't until last night's message that I realized how often I have affirmed an intellectual Trinity, but I have denied the Holy Spirit in my practical, everyday theology.

    ReplyDelete