Thursday, January 5, 2012

Center of Worship

Although I do not agree with charismatic worship, I agree with Don Williams when he states, “We do not worship because we feel like it. We worship because God alone is worthy. It is primarily about him, not us.”(127) This is not just ‘often’ as Don states it, but always for our good. Worship is for God. He is the Giver and the Receiver of all worship. I believe Webber would also agree that all true worship has Jesus Christ at its center. We are so wrapped up in what fulfills us that we miss the real reason for worship. A quick second thought that bothers me is what Sally said about contemporary music. She said, “Contemporary worship paints a picture of God that new generations can understand, an image of God they can grasp…” My question is “What if the image paints a delusive image of God?”

No comments:

Post a Comment